Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bloglines; Modern Marketing

I decided to read an article about modern marketing, which was written in a blog by Collaborate PR and Marketing. Their blog can be found here. The name of the actual article was called, "From TV Ads To YouTube Anarchy," and can be found here.

The article brought up a great point; why is it that a professional video of a celebrity, say Kate Moss, be viewed only 75,000 times on YouTube, when a video of something insignificant, such as a baby giggling, be viewed over 8,000,000 times? Anyway, the people at 'Modern Marketing' are attempting to discover what it is that makes a certain video so popular. I hope that when they find the answer they will post the results, as I am curious myself.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I guess I never really thought about it, but it really is a phenomena that I'd be interested in learning more about. I've gotten so many links to stupid videos on YouTube that have gotten millions of hits and I can't understand why. Just yesterday somebody sent me to a video of a 3-year-old boy dancing like Beyonce, but apparently that is what America wants to see.